Saturday, December 19, 2009

Has anyone else used the no shampoo method on their hair?

If so how did it work out?Has anyone else used the no shampoo method on their hair?
About 4 weeks ago I stopped using shampoo. My biology teacher was the one who spiked my interest. First let me start by saying. Your hair will get very greasy the first 2 weeks. It will eventually taper off and become silky smooth, shiny, and very healthy at about 4-6 weeks. Why?


Maybe because you natural hair oil is balanced. Shampoo dissolve them and your oil glands have to work over time to compensate.. Just give it 6 weeks and see what you think.


All I do is run hot water and massage my hair with my finger tips... I am around heavy smokers a few times a week and I hated the smell my hair picked up! But since i haven't been using shampoos this hasn't happend... People don't believe I don't wash my hair with shampoo.Has anyone else used the no shampoo method on their hair?
shampoo gets rid of the dirt and grease conditioner only makes your hair smooth.
This guy I see who sell the 'Big Issue'.
ive done it for quite some time now. you just really have to wash thoroughly. but i shampoo every other day.





how it worked out? my hair is less dry but the thing is i barely go out thats why it doesnt get sticky. if i know im going to do something that entails sweating, dust and heat I shampoo but if im just staying at home for the whole day then i dont shampoo.
I haven't used shampoo in over a month now....and you know what? My hair is much fuller and shinier and I havent needed to use ANY hair products after rinsing!!!MY frizziness went away!! If only I had known this from the start (all the money I would have saved looking for my hg!!) I did use castile soap a couple of times though after doing hot oil. Castile soap removes oil with oil and doesn't strip your hair. I also highly recommend getting a natural boar bristle brush. It adds fullness to your hair and brings your scalp oils down to the ends of your hair. And if your hair is getting too oily try dusting a little cornstarch on your brush and brush it through your hair. Not too much though, or you will appear to have gray hair.
well, i didnt stop using shampoo, i switched. now i use johnsons baby shampoo, the one thats for wavy/curly hair. the reason i use that is because it doesnt contain lauryl and laureth sulfates, or alcohol, and it seems to work well.
don't do it...


however ';natural'; it may be.


I tried it, and it was absolutely disgusting... (although i rinsed often)


the best advice i can give you is to avoid shampooing twice in one shower and heavily condition your hair (leave it on for 3-5 mins) and use heat-resistant products if you are going to use a blow dryer/straightener.
no shampoo? thats crazy! your hair would basically not be clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment