Saturday, December 19, 2009

Does hair really get used to Shampoo?

I'm not sure if this is a myth or reality so I'm asking here. I've been told that using the same shampoo and conditioner products on hair for a long time makes it less effective. For example if I used Pantene for 2 months my hair wouldn't be in as good condition as it was when I first started using it. They say that hair gets used to shampoo products and you have to switch brands regularly to avoid this.





Is this BS or is there some truth to it?Does hair really get used to Shampoo?
I think there is some truth to it because I do notice that when I use a new product on my hair, it seems to be super-effective, but then as time progresses, it seems to get less and less effective. However, I'm not sure if it's because your hair gets ';used'; to it, or if it just stops being effective because product slowly builds up in your hair and more or less ';blocks'; the effectiveness. In that case, you'd want to use a clarifying shampoo to strip the buildup, and then the shampoo and conditioner you regularly use might go back to working the way it usually does. I have so many that I've accumulated just by trying something new that I'm able to switch it up pretty often, so I think changing your products around is a big help.Does hair really get used to Shampoo?
There is some truth to this. More the conditioner than the shampoo. I especially find this with pantene. It works well for a couple of months and then I find myself having switch it up. I can tell how the way my hair starts to look, sometimes it will start to lack luster and other times my style appears to be more limp; and then when i switch up my shampoo and conditioner I see a huge difference.





So it has some truth but if you don't find that your style changes or the way your hair falls and pantene works for you


continue using it.
If heard the same thing except with face cleansers. I've been told that your face can get used to the moisturizers you put on AFTER you cleanse. The skin doesn't get used to the cleanser because it doesn't stay on your face for a long period of time. I can see why your hair might get used to conditioner because its on your hair for a longer period of time, but in regards to conditioner I'm not too sure.
Yes there is especially ones like pantene that have wax in them. The additives are going to build up on your hair and the shampoo will not be as effective
yeah that is true. try different types of shampoos for your hair. i do that too and the best shampoo that i have found is t-gel it is really good
  • band myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment