Thursday, January 7, 2010

What shampoo and conditioner works the best for straight, frizzy hair??

My hair is naturally straight and is very long but very frizzy. I am now using Pantene Pro-V Frizz Control, which doesn't seem to help much. I also use Redken Guts 10 mouse after washing, which helps a little, but I'm not getting the results i want. What products should I use???What shampoo and conditioner works the best for straight, frizzy hair??
Ok, I have had that problem for the longest time! The first one I tried was the pantene pro-v frizz control too. It doesn't work at all. I tried the John Frieda hair serum, but I find that it's difficult to spread through out evenly, and leaves your hair looking greasy. I've had quite a few combinations of things that have worked. What I'm using right now:





Shampoo - La Coupe Shine %26amp; Smooth (Orange bottle)


Conditioner - Sunsilk Beyond Brunette (In your case a blond enhancing conditioner.)


Glaze - John Frieda Luminous color glaze


Then after the shower - Alberto Miracle Mist


Then - I brush it straight and blow dry.


Brush - So Gelous Oval Brush (The brush itself helps to combat frizz!)





I know that seems like a lot, but it's soooo worth it. You could also just try some of the things I use, but I reccomend the miracle mist and the brush.What shampoo and conditioner works the best for straight, frizzy hair??
Kiehl's Silk Groom is a good styling cream. It conditions hair, smells good %26amp; a little goes a long way.





Another option is to rub a drop of 100% jojoba oil through your hair. It fights frizzies, adds a bit of sheen, it's 100% natural, doesn't have a smell, won't clog pores %26amp; washes out easily.





Silicone serums (e.g. Redken, John Frieda) are pretty good but do leave build up over time.





My favorite deep conditioner for keeping my hair smooth %26amp; silky is Joico K-pak conditioner.





Since I have straight hair, I use Neutrogen Anti-Residue Shampoo about once a week to remove any product build up and to prepare my hair for a deep conditioning mask.
i use garnier frucitse...the one for frizzy hair...it works well enough..but i just don't have time to examine every bottle at the store.
You could continue to use Pantene Pro-V Frizz Control, but then you could go to your local drugstore and buy John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum and it works really nicely. I use that product everyday and I have for about a year now and my hair look has been improving.
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine
Sunsilk Straighten Up shampoo, conditioner, and 24/7 creme work wonders!
I like:





Salon product: Joico- K-pak


Grocery Store: Herbal Essences - None of Your Frizziness





Good stuff!
Herbal Essences is the best! The normal kind is really really good.
if you use straightening shampoo it takes out the frizz- even if your hair is already straight. for that, try herbal essence Dangerously Straight. also try fructis sleek and shine or the one for dry and damaged hair. both smell really good and you can pick them up at target. also, dont wash your hair EVERY day, and dont use too much conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment