Thursday, January 7, 2010

If you use shampoo long enough, can your hair become immune to it?

I love pantene pro-v, but my roommate recently informed me that if you use it for more than about 6 months, your hair doesn't respond to it at all. Is that true?If you use shampoo long enough, can your hair become immune to it?
I like to change my shampoo every time I buy a new one as I get sick of using the same one all the time and anyway no shampoo ever seems to give me volume like the bottle says, it only seems to weigh it down and make it look greasy.If you use shampoo long enough, can your hair become immune to it?
In a sense, yes. If you wash your hair really often, your skin will produce more oil to replace the oil you have stripped out of it.





Also, many find that if they switch shampoos periodically, or if they use a clarifying shampoo for a couple of weeks then go back to their old one, it works better.
Rotate your shampoo around a bit. Some are more harsh and harder on hair some not. Everything in moderation ya know!!
I have heard the experts say you should change shampoos for a 6 week peroid,just like anything else,switcheru!!!
no because its not a toxin or anything. It does't go in your body or anything. So no. And your friend has a weird mind.
I don't suppose hair can be ';immune'; but product build up on your scalp can make the appearance of hair look oily, and become oilier frequently. There are products which cleanse the scalp of overused products and restores it to its naturally state.





Its hardly noticable :]

No comments:

Post a Comment